Contact

Key Milestones

The following are key events in Peel Region that have shaped the history of PAMA from 1968 to the present day.

1968

The County of Peel Museum and Art Gallery opens thanks to the hard work of volunteers of the Peel County Historical Society and the Women's Institute of Peel County. The County of Peel provides the former Land Registry Office (1890) at 7 Wellington Street, Brampton.

1977

The County of Peel Museum and Art Gallery welcomes the new Region of Peel Archives.

1980

The Museum and Art Gallery expand into the Peel County Courthouse (built 1867), while the Archives operates out of the basement of the Peel County Building (1959) next door.

1986

Now called the Peel Heritage Complex.


Opens in the renovated Peel County Jail building and the Land Registry Office. The Complex is now owned and operated by the Region of Peel.

1996

Major restoration of the Peel County Courthouse is completed.

2010-2012

PAMA closes during expansion of exhibition, programming, and collection storage areas.

2012

Reveal of colourful new Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) name and logo.

2013

All PAMA spaces reopened to the public with new exhibitions and programs.

2017

Celebration of Canada/Peel 150 as well as the 150th anniversary of the Historic Courthouse and Jail buildings. PAMA receives Canada 150 Infrastructure funds to improve accessibility.