Join us for a Fun-filled March at PAMA - Dive into the world of Seth and the Art of the Graphic Novel in an intimate talk with local expert and Professor of English and Visual Culture Daniel Marrone, followed by a film screening of On the Waterfront. This month,PAMA and the Brampton Library also jointly host Connections Art and Book Club featuring the novel, It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken by Seth. Then, get ready for a fun-filled March Break at PAMA with special guests, drop-in activities and hands-on fun daily.
Connections Art and Book Club
Thursday, March 2, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Literature and visual arts connect in this unique book club. This month's choice: It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken, by world-renowned graphic artist Seth. The discussion will be paired with a tour of PAMA's exhibition Heading to Palookaville: Seth and the Art of the Graphic Novel.
This is a FREE event in partnership with the Brampton Library. To register, call 905-793-4636.
Seth Talk and Film Night
Thursday, March 9, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Learn more about Palookaville and artist Seth with insights from local expert Daniel Marrone. Then enjoy the film that inspired the graphic novel, On the Waterfront (1954), winner of multiple Oscars for its blunt depiction of the down-and-out boxer Terry Malloy. Played by a young Marlon Brando, Malloy faces the consequences of throwing a fight by ending up with a one-way ticket to Palookaville. This program is free with the cost of admission. Register now to ensure your spot.
March Break Activities
Looking for some exciting activities over the March Break? PAMA is the place to be. Each day during March Break, PAMA is offering programming and instructor-led drop-in activities. Programs are included with PAMA admission. Admission is paid upon entry.
Saturday, March 11
- Family Art and Stories, 2 - 4 p.m.
Discover how you can recycle fun items from home and make them into art. Pre-registration is required, included with admission.
Saturday and Sunday, March 11 and 12
- Spring Forward Art Buffet, 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Be creative as we gain an extra hour of sunlight. Use different types of springs to create your one-of-a-kind art piece. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
Monday, March 13
- Purple Pirate Puppet Show
First performance: 10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
Second performance: 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
The Purple Pirate Puppet Show adventure on the high sea! Join the chase for the Great Purple Whale. Applefun Puppetry presents this 45-minute interactive program. Afterwards, everyone learns how to make a paper puppet to take home. Pre-registration is required, included with admission.
- Holi Boxes, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This Holi, the Spring Festival of Colours, make a Trinket Box based on traditional Indian handcrafts to keep all of your special items safe. Drop in and included with admission.
Tuesday, March 14
- Portraits for Peel, Community Art Project - 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Get your portrait created by local artist Tharmilla Rajasingam and be part of our community art project as we celebrate the diversity of our amazing community. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- Open Texture Studio, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Join in on this open studio workshop and explore the depth and substance of texture. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- Mobile Art Buffet, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Create your very own Canada 150 mobile at PAMA's art buffet. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
Wednesday, March 15
- Animal Face Painting, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Be the art. Get your face painted at PAMA! Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- Graphic Scene in a Box, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Get inspired by the artist Seth and the exhibition Heading to Palookaville: Seth and the Art of the Graphic Novel. Use cartoon animals and images to create your own Canadian Graphic Scene in a Box. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
Thursday, March 16
- Reptilia Live at PAMA
First performance: 1 - 1:30 p.m.
Second performance: 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Lizards, snakes and turtles, oh my. Bring your March Break to life! This exciting show features an assortment of scaly and fantastic creatures from Reptilia, live at PAMA. Pre-registration is required for the 1 pm and 1:30 pm shows, included with admission.
- Turtle Watercolour, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Discover and experiment with watercolour painting techniques while learning about the Blanding's Turtle - a threatened species in the Region of Peel, as well as other species of Ontario turtles. Learn more about how you can help with the Adopt-A-Pond program from the Toronto Zoo. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- Drumming Circle, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
PAMA and the Peel Aboriginal Network invite you to join an evening of shared traditions and songs. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- PAMA Unplugged Family Adventure Tour (Theme: Peel Creatures), 11am and 3pm Drop-in activity, included with admission.
Friday, March 17
- Irish Music with Matt Zaddy: First Performance: 1 – 1:45 p.m. and Second Performance: 2 – 2:45 p.m. - River North perform Celtic music for St. Patrick’s Day – River North with Matt Zaddy & Heather Christine will pay tribute to their Irish heritage. This interactive performance will consist of traditional Irish folk music and the stories behind it relating to the Irish people who settled all over the world. They will also include some modern Celtic influenced music from some of Canada’s greatest songwriters. Pre-registration is required for the 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. shows and is included with admission.
- Celtic Knot Activity, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Weave your own Celtic Knot on St. Patrick’s Day. A Celtic Knot is a symbol of love and eternity, with no beginning and no end. Drop-in activity, included with admission.
- PAMA Unplugged Family Adventure Tour (Theme: St. Patrick’s Day), 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Saturday, March 18
- Family Art and Yoga, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Strike a pose and learn some classic yoga movements led by yoga instructor Margarita. Then create a unique piece of art to take home. Pre-registration is required, included with admission.
Saturday and Sunday, March 18 and 19
- Maple Fun, 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Celebrate the maple syrup harvest season with your very own maple leaf painting. Drop-in activity, included with admission.