About the Archives Collections
What we collect
The Region of Peel Archives at PAMA is the official archives of the Region of Peel and its constituent municipalities of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. We collect government and non-government records documenting the history and development of the area and its people.
Our archival collections cover the old County of Peel as well as the numerous smaller communities within it, from the early 19th century onwards.
The records in our collection come to us by transfer (from government offices) or by donation (from private citizens and organizations).
Types of records we hold include the following, among many others:
- Council and committee minutes and reports
- Planning documents
- Land indexes and deeds
- Assessment (property tax) rolls
- Circulars and pamphlets
- Photographs and negatives
- Audiovisual materials
- Diaries, journals, and ledgers
Accessing archival collections
- Contact us
- Browse our guides to commonly used records
- Coming soon: Search our online database. The database will continue to be a work in progress. Contact us for the most insightful access to our collections.